Thursday, January 19, 2006

Newton, the apple, and gravity.

The myth is that Newton was reading a math book under an apple tree. An apple fell on his head, and he discovered gravity.

That's the myth.

Of course, there was a long time and a lot of hard work between the time the apple hit him on the noggin' and the publication date and peer review of his equations quantifying this force that "pulled" the apple onto his head.

That's where I am at with the discovery of pherotones.

The apple in this case was Ekstom's mobile phone, and the raucous weekend that followed.

Now I am in the hard work phase.

In other words, I experienced something profound that made no sense to me. It raised a lot of questions about who I am and how I function. My investigation into the phenomena is only beginning.

The controversy swirling around me right now centers around one basic fact, a fact I do not dispute...I have only anecdotal evidence, and most of it is based on a lost weekend in Copenhagen.

But I think we all know there is something here...I just need help finding it.

Busy day on the IM's. Love the questions. Keep en coming. ;-}

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

The pheratones websites a joke right? Hilarious...

Pherotones are not intended to be used as a supplement, dating aid, vitamin, pump, extender, enhancer, relationship builder or love maker.
The people appearing in these images are just models and are being used for illustrative purposes only.


How could I possibly use a ringtone as a vitamin? What would you call them if not a dating aid then?

20 January, 2006 09:42  
Blogger Dr. Myra Vanderhood said...

We just want to be clear that Pherotones are still largely mysterious...we know a lot about what they cannot do.

The question is...what CAN they do.

23 January, 2006 15:57  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home